BIIAB Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
It is a legal requirement that anyone who handles food for others (either paid or voluntary) must undertake food safety training.
This course is predominantly aimed at those in the workplace who participate in catering – preparing, cooking and serving food to others. Those who work in non-catering sectors such as care (child or residential), retail or transport will also benefit from this course if they handle food as part of their duties.
This nationally recognised qualification will provide learners with the knowledge they need to work safely and hygienically with food and to ensure that training requirements have been met, and can be evidenced through an approved qualification certificate.
The qualification covers the following key topics:
- Safe handling of food
- Bacteria growth and the affect on food
- Temperature control (chilling and cooking of food)
- Preparing, cooking, serving and storing food safely
- Contamination control
- Personal hygiene
- Pest control
- Application and monitoring of good food safety procedures
The workbook sent to you via email at the time of booking, is written in an easy-to-follow method and contains all the information needed to pass the exam.
- You study with the workbooks at your own pace and schedule. Your examination can coincide with the end of your planned study time.
- Examinations can take place Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.
- You can book your examination session as little as five working days in advance of the day you wish to sit – subject to availability.
- Greater choice and flexibility of examination centre – there are more than 80 centres throughout the UK.
- Speed of results – you are given your result as you leave the examination centre.
- Userfriendly ‘point and click’ system, with a practice session available to familiarise you with the technology before you embark upon the examination.
- It is extremely easy to use
There is a short multiple choice question paper to test the knowledge of the person taking the exam.
Cost per delegate £50.00 + VAT