Award in Drugs Awareness for Licensed Hopsitality Staff
BIIAB Level 2 Award in Drugs Awareness for Licensed Hospitality Staff
The BIIAB Level 2 Award in Drugs Awareness for Licensed Hospitality Staff (ADALHS) has been designed to give all staff working within the industry the knowledge and confidence to deal effectively with drug problems in the premises where they work and to help develop and implement strategies to tackle drug use and drug dealing, which will assist in the prevention of crime and disorder and will minimise the risks to public safety.
The learning outcomes on which the examination is based cover topics which a wide body of opinion, ranging from the Home Office, the Police Service and the industry itself, feels everyone working in the licensed hospitality industry should be aware of.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- General drug trends and who to approach for information
- Drug legislation which may affect licensed premises
- The need for multi-agency liaison and the importance of partnerships with the relevant authorities
- How to initiate, implement and monitor a drug strategy (drug policy)
- How to carry out a needs assessment
- How to deal with drug users and dealers
- How to comply with the legal requirements in relation to found or confiscated drugs
- How to eliminate drugs from your premises
- How to comply with the requirements of public safety
The workbook sent to you via email at the time of booking, is written in an easy-to-follow method and contains all the information needed to pass the exam.
- You study with the workbooks at your own pace and schedule. Your examination can coincide with the end of your planned study time.
- Examinations can take place Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.
- You can book your examination session as little as five working days in advance of the day you wish to sit – subject to availability.
- Greater choice and flexibility of examination centre – there are more than 80 centres throughout the UK.
- Speed of results – you are given your result as you leave the examination centre.
- User friendly ‘point and click’ system, with a practice session available to familiarise you with the technology before you embark upon the examination.
- It is extremely easy to use
There is a short multiple choice question paper to test the knowledge of the person taking the exam.
Cost per delegate £85.00 + VAT